The world is shifting towards green energy and solar panels are a great part of it. Unlike gasoline or inverters, you do not need fuel to operate solar generators. All you need is good sunshine and a reliable solar generator and run the whole house. Besides, solar generators do not emit harmful gases which makes them great for home or apartment use.
The high portability of solar-powered generators makes them ideal for off-grid living. They take up very little space and fit easily in compact spaces of your RV, off-grid cabin, or small apartment.
Besides solar panel charging, there are many ways to charge a portable solar generator. Many of the units offer recharge via car battery, inverter, or a wall outlet. And such versatility is ideal for both home and outdoor use.
Best Solar Generator
With so many options available in the market today, it becomes daunting to choose the right model. But why worry when we’ve already picked some of the best solar generators. The below reviews will give you an in-depth idea of the working of the different models for you to buy the best model according to your needs. So without any further delay let us start with the best solar generator reviews.
1) Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000, 1002Wh Solar Generator
Planning a picnic in an off-grid area? Then take Jackery portable power station with you for your daily electricity need. This compact yet powerful 1002Wh solar lithium battery generator features 3 standard pure sine wave AC outlets. While the sine wave ensures a stable supply of electricity, the 110V outlets provide enough power to run more than 1 AC appliance at the same time.
Besides the 3 standard AC outlets, Jackery solar generator comprises of 2x USB-C and a quick charge 3.0 port. These small outlets are great for charging sensitive and important devices such as smartphones, laptops, etc.
The best thing about Jackery instant solar generator is, you do not have to do any extra setups before charging any unit. It is perfectly designed for RVers, simply connect the plugin to the unit and power up mini space heaters, cooling fans, small blenders, etc.
There are 4 ways to charge the Jackery portable solar generator. You can either use solar panels, a wall socket, a vehicle’s 12V output, or an electric generator. On a full battery, the compact unit can give your appliances more runtime. For example, you can charge a 5W emergency light for up to 76 hours while a minimum of 5 MacBook Pro recharges are sure.
- 4 ways to recharge; AC adapter(7 hours), 12V car adapter(14 hours), or 2 SolarSaga 100W solar panels(8 hours)
- FCC, ROHS, and UN38.3 certified
- Comprises of Li-ion battery with overvoltage and short-circuit protection
- The lightweight unit equipped with a carry handle for easy transportation
- The box includes a car charger cable, AC & AC cable, 1 SolarSaga parallel adapter cable, and a user manual
- Best portable solar generator for camping
- Pure sine wave ensures safe and reliable charging of sensitive electronics
- Although it features 3 AC ports, the total rated wattage should be under 1000 W
- You need to buy 100W SolarSaga panels separately
- 1000-watt rated
- 2000-watt surge power
- LCD screen
- MPPT technology
- Overvoltage protection
- 24-month warranty
- Weighs 22.04 lbs
2) BLUETTI EB150 Portable Power Station, Camping Solar Generator
If not many, a travel trailer comprises of basic appliances like a mini-fridge, LCD screen, and blender. Not only these appliances are basic but an important part of our daily lives. And Maxoak 1000W camping solar generator ensures smooth functioning of your RV appliances.
The powerful 1500Wh unit comprises 2x AC outlets, 1x DC 12V port, and 1x PD Type-C port. While the 2 AC outlets offer a combined power of 1000 watts, the USB ports are great for charging sensitive devices. In short, you can use the portable power station to run/charge a drone, POV camera, mini-fridge, mini-projector, laptop, smartphones, tablets, etc.
On a full charge, the huge capacity 1500Wh provides a stable and constant power supply. Besides, you can view battery life on the bright LCD screen. In addition to battery life, the Maxoak 1000-watt generator displays power consumed, remaining power, and AC/DC mode on/off. Plus, backlight enables easy reading under the sun or in the dark.
Maxoak Bluetti EB150 features a top brand LG lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 1500Wh. This means you can either charge the portable generator through solar panels or plugin into a reliable wall socket. A 300W solar panel will take nearly 5.5 hours to charge the unit completely.
- Auto shut off after fully charged
- Battery management system protect from overvoltage, overcurrent, and short circuit
- 50/60 Hz frequency adjustable
- Multi outputs make it great for charging/operating cameras, tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc
- Bright LCD screen to monitor remaining battery life/capacity/charging/abnormal discharge/error code
- Best solar power generator for both indoor and outdoor use
- A built-in advanced control circuit
- US standard AC outlet
- No car charging port
- The power station lacks TSA approval
- LG Li-ion battery cell
- Built-in MPPT controller
- 12-month warranty
- Weighs 37.9 pounds
3) BALDR 330W Portable Solar Generators for home use
Smartphones have taken human life to a whole new level. And the result is, now many people can live without a light on but cannot tolerate low battery on their phones. And Baldr portable power station is a perfect solution for all digital device lovers. This highly portable generator with 297 wH power capacity provides consistent power as long as it is on.
CPAP backup battery uses a battery management system(BMS) for longevity and better performance. This system improves battery utilization, extends battery life, as well as provides protection against common electric issues. In short, you’ll not have to bear the heavy replacement cost of the battery due to overvoltage, overheat, or overload.
The built-in multi-mode flashlight of Baldr makes it one of the best small solar generators for camping. You can either set the light on flash mode which is great in emergencies like flash floods, earthquakes, etc, or keep it on to prepare dinner while on off-grid travel.
Just like the above models, Baldr solar-powered generator also offers multi outputs to connect/charge various appliances. However, make sure not to connect heavy-duty appliances like standard AC, blender, microwave oven, heater, etc.
- 3 easy charging methods: solar panels, wall socket, or carport
- Comprises of 1x pure sine wave AC socket, 3x QC 3.0 USB, and 2x DC ports
- Equipped with a wireless charger to charge your smartphone quickly
- Built-in flashlight with multi-mode settings
- Powerful enough to run a 12V compressor fridge for about 6 hours
- Best rated lightweight portable generator under $500 for emergency
- Built-in handle with an easy-grip to transport the unit safely
- Need to buy solar panels separately
- Not ideal for heavy-watt appliance usage
- 330W maximum power
- Lithium battery cell
- Built-in flashlight
- Wireless charging option
- 2-year warranty
- Weighs 7.6 lbs
4) EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station DELTA, Solar Battery Generator for Outdoor Camping RV
No matter whether you live in an apartment or an RV, there are some daily use appliances such as toasters, coffee machines, blenders, etc, that have become a part and parcel of our lives. And many low-watt generators do not allow the use of an appliance rated over 1000 watts. So does that mean you will have to spend days in your travel trailer without brewing coffee from your favorite machine?
Not anymore with EF Ecoflow portable solar battery generator. This stylish, powerful, and travel-friendly generator offers 3300 W surge power that is enough to start several everyday use appliances. And with 1800 watts running power, you can operate heavy-duty appliances like fridge, microwave oven, coffee machine, hairdryer, tv, etc.
Thanks to a built-in MPPT controller that guarantees a fast recharge rate. Connect the EF Ecoflow portable generator to a reliable solar panel and it will fully recharge the unit in approximately 4 hours. Unlike cheap solar generators, you will not have to wait for long 9-12 hours for a full charge.
If you’re in a hurry and need the unit to be charged immediately then use a wall socket. EF Ecoflow’s unique X-Stream recharge technology provides the fastest recharge rate of up to 1200 watts. This can get your unit fully recharged within 2 hours by any wall outlet.
- Recharge from 0% to 80% in 1 hour with universal solar input of up to 400W
- Great for emergency backup
- Best high power solar generator that can power up to 13 devices simultaneously
- Comes with 3 types of charging cables, 1 AC plug, 1 car charge cable, and 1 MC4 to XT60 solar panel
- A great alternative to gasoline generators to power the whole house
- The battery-powered unit is safe to use indoors without no risk of fumes or emissions
- Noise level remains less than 50 dB at a 2-meter distance
- The bright LCD screen on the front panel shows real-time data on hours/watts/and percentage of battery left
- A bit heavy
- While the battery charges quickly, it goes down comparatively fast than other similar models
- 3300-watt surge power
- 1800-watt running
- 1260 Wh capacity
- LCD screen
- Patented X-Stream technology
- 24-month warranty
- Weighs 30.9 lbs
5) AIMTOM 540Wh Portable Power Station, Solar-Ready Generator Alternative
Run mini-fridge or charge your Mackbook quietly with Aimtom 500-watt solar-ready generator. This mini-unit is a great alternative to gasoline generators that run loud enough to wake up everyone inside the camp tent. It works so quietly that one can barely tell whether the unit is on or off from a near distance. This is a great choice for parents who wish to go on a road adventure with their kids.
In addition to quiet operation, the Aimtom compact solar generator offers an impressive 540Wh capacity. This much capacity is sufficient to charge all your essential electronics. Besides, pure sine wave output ensures safe charging every time.
The versatility of the unit makes it ideal for indoor and outdoor use. And by versatility, we mean, you can recharge the portable solar lithium battery generator in three different ways. Use either AC wall adapter, car charging cable, or MC-4 connector cable for fast charging.
You’ll not have to rush to find a torch or candle during a sudden power outage as the Aimtom camping generator features a LED light panel on the front. Plus, it offers 3 brightness levels to help you with incomplete kitchen chores, outdoor activities, or simple nighttime reading.
- Powers any device below 500 watts without any fumes, gas, mess, or fuss
- Despite the compact size, Aimtom offers 2 AC ports + one 18W USB-C port
- The travel-friendly lithium battery is responsible for the lightweight of the unit
- Best budget generator for safe digital recharging
- Advance BMS safeguards your battery and devices with full protection against short-circuit, overload, over-temperature, and over-charging
- The 3-level adjustable LED light panel
- LCD screen displays real-time functions
- Not suitable to use for appliances rated over 500 watts
- The battery takes a bit longer to charge up fully
- 540 Wh capacity
- Lithium battery pack
- Advanced BMS safeguard
- LCD screen
- 1-year warranty
- Weighs 11 lbs
6) 300W Solar Generator, FlashFish 60000mAh Portable Power Station Camping Portable Generator, CPAP Battery Recharged by Solar Panel/Wall Outlet/Car, 110V AC Out/DC 12V /QC USB Ports for CPAP Camp Travel — AM Link —
Sleep peacefully at night while the FlashFish mini backup generator charges all your essential devices. With an operation power of 222Wh, Flashfish battery generator offers a continuous 300 W power output that is good enough to charge mobile phones, laptops, tablets, soundbars, drones, radio, LED light, etc.
You need not have to worry about unit failure on a high-watt connection as it automatically shuts down when the connection goes beyond 300 watts. This is to ensure user safety and longevity of devices connected.
Besides, the 6000mAh battery capacity in combination with pure sine wave output ensures none of your sensitive electronics damage due to voltage fluctuations. Speaking of battery, you can recharge it by plugging into a wall outlet, 12V car socket, or with a solar panel. While the car charger is included, you need to buy compatible solar panels separately.
Soft grip handle lets you carry and transport the mini solar generator conveniently. Plus, it weighs only 5.6 lbs that is great for the elderly to carry around easily. And most importantly, the compact design of the unit stores easily in compact spaces and the car’s trunk.
- With a peak power of 350W and stable power of 300 watts, the compact portable generator can run a mini fan, drone, photography mono lights, electric blanket, etc
- Includes 110 V AC wall plug cable along with a 12V car charger cable
- Lightweight unit with a soft-grip carry handle
- Features 3 USB ports, out of which two are powered by fast-charging QC3.0 technology
- Small footprint that easily stores in car’s trunk, small apartment, or limited garage space
- The unit shuts off automatically when the watts cross the rated range
- Excellent battery management system ensures the longevity of the battery
- Great for charging sensitive devices but not powerful enough for operating microwaves, hairdryers, coffee machines, etc
- The design of the handle could be better
- 300W rated
- 222Wh capacity
- 60 Hz pure sine wave
- Rechargeable battery
- 12-month warranty
- Weighs 5.6 lbs
7) RAVPower Portable Power Station Solar Generator
Camping is all about spending time in nature. But even when outdoors you need to keep essential devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops by side. And there is no need to carry a bulky conventional generator to the campsite that is not only difficult to transport but also noisy. Instead, go for the RAVPower store compact portable solar generator that provides enough power to charge all your basic devices.
Besides, the box shape design is equipped with a handle on the top that helps with transportation. In addition to its travel-friendly design, the affordable solar generator is lightweight. It weighs approximately 8 pounds, plus, comes with a carrying case for safe storage and easy transportation.
Just like a majority of units, there are multiple ways to recharge the lithium battery generator. You can either use a wall outlet, a 12-24 V car charger, or a solar panel charger, whichever is convenient. It will take nearly 4 hours 50 minutes through the PD port and 6 hours from DC input to charge the battery fully.
Disaster doesn’t always come with an alarm. So the RAVPower Store tent camping generator features an emergency SOS and flashing light. This is great in times of emergency while camping in the woods or during a hurricane.
- Lightweight unit with a sturdy handle
- Charges easily through an 80W solar panel
- The box includes a power adapter, 1x Type-C cable, and a user guide
- Comes with a carrying case that protects the unit from dust and debris while not in use
- Features different modes of lighting
- Best battery solar generator under $500
- Supports pass-through
- A built-in fan keeps the device cool and runs below 50dB to use inside a camping tent
- No digital display that shows real-time operations or remaining battery
- Large charger brick
- 300 W
- 252.7 Wh capacity
- Lithium battery
- Emergency ready
- 12-month warranty
- Weighs 7.74 pounds
8) FlashFish 330W Portable Solar Generator For Outdoor Adventure Camping
Enjoy off-grid living without having to worry about recharging your sensitive electronics with FlashFish 300-watt solar generator. Equipped with two AC outlets, 2 DC output, 1 DC carport, and 2x QC3.0 USB, the mini travel generator is perfect for camping, road journey, and small appliances charging.
FlashFish outdoor solar generator is one best examples of portability and style. While many units offer button controls, FlashFish 330W power station features a touch screen LCD panel. The bright backlight makes it easy for you to read, select, and set different functions in the dark.
In addition to touchscreen selection, the bright LCD screen gives you an idea about the working of the solar generator. The screen displays input watts, output watts, battery level, charging status, AC/DC output, etc. This feature is very much helpful while using the portable generator outdoors to plan things before the battery goes down.
The best thing about FlashFish portable solar power station is it supports pass-through charging. It means the generator can charge devices while using both AC and DC even when it’s charging itself. In short, you’ll not have to wait for the battery to charge before using the stored power to charge/run appliances.
- Great value solar generator for recreational activities, camping, road trips, etc
- Puer sine wave AC outlet charges your expensive devices safely
- 2 ways to charge, either use an AC wall charger(5-6 hours) or use a 100W solar panel(7-8 hours)
- BMS system manages over-voltage protection, over-current protection, etc to safeguard your sensitive devices
- Reliable backup battery supply for light, laptop, smartphones, etc
- The solar generator turn off automatically after 1 minute of inactivity to preserve energy
- An SOS LED flashlight on the front is helpful during emergencies
- The battery cannot be charged by a 12 V car charger
- Does not support running of devices with a rating over 330 W that includes induction cooker, electric kettle, blender, etc
- 330 W
- 300 Wh lithium-ion batteries
- 60 Hz pure sine wave
- Touchscreen panel
- 12-month warranty
- Weighs 6.38 pounds
9) Westinghouse iGen160s Portable Power Station 155Wh Backup Lithium Battery, Solar Generator
Getting power is in need is no longer messy and noisy with Westinghouse portable power station. This solar-powered generator does not require gasoline or oil to start. Simply press the on/off switch on the control panel and the mini generator is all set to charge your daily use devices.
Powered by lithium-ion batteries, you can either charge the Westinghouse iGen160s small solar generator with the included wall charger, car charger, or optional solar panel. The small yet bright screen shows the charging status along with AC/DC status, battery capacity, and time remaining.
The compact design of Westinghouse iGen160s resembles that of a mini suitcase. It has a clean design with thoughtfully places outlets and a sturdy built-in handle to let you carry the solar battery generator from one place to another easily.
But despite its compact footprint, the unit offers two 120 V household outlets, 12V 5.5 mm DC outputs, 2 USB ports, QuadComm quick-charge 3.0 port, and a USB-C outlet. In short, there are enough outlets to charge all your sensitive electronic devices safely and quickly.
- Simple and powerful unit to charge basic daily use devices like mobile phone, laptop, iPad, drone, etc
- Built-in flashlight with SOS mode as well as a reading lamp
- Control display panel shows real-time functions
- 3 charging ways: wall socket, car charger, or solar panel
- Lightweight unit with built-in easy carry handle
- Best inexpensive emergency power backup for camping, RVs, home, and recreational use
- Runs/charges devices rated under 100 watts only
- A modified sine wave is not as reliable as a pure sine wave
- 150 W(peak)
- 100 W(running)
- 155 Wh Lithium-ion battery
- Modified sine wave
- 3-mode lighting
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Weighs 3.75 lbs
10) ECO-WORTHY 84Wh Portable Power Station, Solar Generator with 18W Solar Panel
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast and love spending time in hills or woods then Eco-Worthy portable power station with a solar panel can be your perfect backup partner. This ultra-small unit measures 6.9×6.3x 4.2 inches, which is smaller than a regular size thermos. You can easily pack the emergency backup generator in your camping bag to get a bright light on-demand.
The 26000mAh battery can provide light for 2 days on a single charge. Speaking of light, the Eco-Worthy camp solar generator comes with 3 external led lights with individual switches. You can either use one light at a time or plugin all three fixtures to brighten up the campsite space.
Do not worry about the power going out on led light use as one bulb can illuminate continuously for 40 hours while all 3 bulbs can illuminate for 14 hours. In short, you’ll not have to worry about light for days while on off-grid living.
No need to look for panels separately as Eco-Worthy affordable solar generator includes 18W solar panels with 10 ft extension cable. The panel can fully charge the battery in 5-8 hours depending upon sunlight. If a cloudy day is making solar recharge difficult, then connect the generator to a reliable wall socket for effortless charging.
- Built-in light with 2 levels
- You can keep the lamp on full light for 32 hours
- Includes 18 W solar panel generator with 3-meter extension cable
- USB output(5V/2A)/DC output(3.2V) for charging essential devices
- Best portable solar generator under $100 for camping, off-grid living, and emergency home use
- Comes with 3 led light strings
- Light indicators on front display charging status/remaining battery life
- It is more like an emergency lamp than a dedicated solar generator
- 84 Wh battery
- 18-watt solar panel
- Built-in lamp
- Charge-status indicator
- 2-year warranty
- Weighs 2.1 lbs
How do I choose a solar generator?
Solar generators are not new to the market but are still making progress each day for better productivity. And before buying a solar generator for home use or outdoor use, there are a few points to keep in mind for optimum utilization of green power. The below points will help you select the best model according to your needs.
The power generated by solar panels is stored in lithium-ion batteries. And as by now, you might have seen different models comprise of different capacity batteries. A reliable, good capacity battery will store the charge for a long and support the use of high-watt appliances like a CPAP machine, blender, mini cooler, etc.
On the other hand, a unit with small battery stores less power and supports the use of limited rated wattage. Such mini solar generators are ideal for charging essentials like smartphones, iPad, or Mackbook, where there is no electric connection available at all.
The biggest advantage of solar generators is, you can leave the panels open in bright daytime to store the energy and use it when it gets dark. But different watt panels have different charging rates. Apart from panels, it also depends on the generator that how effectively it can store power generated from panels.
Normally, it takes around 5-6 hours to charge a mid-size solar generator using two 300-watt solar panels. Besides solar charging, many portable solar generators offer several ways to charge the battery. They also include compatible wall cable or car charging cable to aid quick charging.
Number of Plugins
Multi-plugin ports are common with solar generators. It is important to check plugin ports before hitting the buy now button. For example, at least 1 AC port is necessary if you’re buying a solar generator for an apartment or home use. This port supports the use of common kitchen appliances like a blender, toaster, kettle, etc.
Whereas, multi-USB ports are beneficial if you’re planning a long road trip. Many compact generators offer a quick charging Type-C port that is great for charging iPhones, Mackbook, iPads, cameras, etc.
You will not have to worry about bulky size with solar-powered generators. Usually, these units have a small footprint that fits easily in your car’s trunk. Also, the use of lithium-ion batteries cuts down weight making them more convenient for outdoor and indoor use.
Besides, many low-watt units are so compact that you can easily carry them in your camping/trekking bag to charge essentials where no electricity is available.
Life on wheels is fun when you get to use all the appliances inside. And fortunately, many reliable solar generators on the market offer direct RV connectivity. However, the solar generators with RV connectivity come with large solar panels to power lights and multiple appliances inside an RV.
Does the portable power station include a solar panel?
Solar panels are the main charging source of a solar generator. And many portable power stations include compatible solar panels for effective and quick charging of the battery. The included panels set easily on a flat surface to fetch maximum energy from direct sunlight. Plus, the panels fold down in half for convenient storage.
While some units come solar-ready with panels included, you need to buy panels separately for some models. A 100-watt solar panel will cost you around $250 that is enough to charge a 1000-watt solar generator in 6-7 hours.
Can a solar generator power a house?
While green energy is gaining attention every day, the most common question of buyers is, can a solar generator power the whole house? Yes, it can but it depends upon the size and watts a solar generator offers.
A single solar unit cannot run the whole house as it offers limited wattage. But you can connect multiple solar generators to run heavy appliances of your home. However, the problem with multi solar power stations is, they’ll occupy a lot of space plus individual connection looks messy.
So instead of multiple small generators, you can get a large solar generator with a good battery capacity that can run heavy appliances of your home such as refrigerator, space heater, fans, blender, microwave oven, etc.
Or else, you for a custom solar generator specially designed for your home. The custom setup will cost you a lot of money initially but then you’ll not have to worry about high electricity bills in the near future.
Benefits of Using Solar Power
Solar power is considered a green source of energy as unlike gas inverter generators, they do not emit obnoxious fumes. But apart from no use of fuel, there are many benefits of using a solar power generator. Take a look below to find out what difference does it make in your lifestyle and environment.
Sunlight costs you nothing but provides you free electricity. And generating your own electricity means lower electricity bills. With a reliable solar generator, you can power most of your home appliances for hours. And this will only cut down the units consumed which ultimately reflects in your electricity bill.
Solar panels only use sunlight to generate electricity. And this causes no greenhouse effects on the environment. During peak hours, when the sunlight is strong, the panels generate more power to be stored in the battery. Besides, there is minimal loss of energy transfer via solar unit which means the maximum of the energy generated will be consumed optimally.
The problem with gas generators is they emit toxic fumes which makes them infeasible for indoor use. But thanks to zero emissions of solar generators that make them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. They are great for using the CPAP machine indoor without the risk of deteriorating indoor air quality.
Need More Power or for your apartment?:
Shift to a clean, green, and renewable source of energy by buying the best solar generator. Solar-powered generators are great for indoor use as they emit zero toxic fumes, plus, panels make them ideal for outdoor use. They are great to generate and store power. This is great for off-grid living and camping where it is hard to find municipal charging stations.
But apart from the outdoors, you can lay solar panels in the backyard or in your apartment balcony to generate, store, and use electricity in times of sudden power cuts or emergencies.