Powerful and versatile, a good-quality benchtop bandsaw is ideal for woodworking. If you already know what a bandsaw is then you can jump to the review part to get the best bandsaw for your workshop. But for the people who don’t know what this power tool is then let us first understand it. A benchtop bandsaw is equipped with an electric motor and set of wheels with a mid-size band stretched around. And today we’ll be focusing on the best 9-inch benchtop bandsaws of 2022.
You might be wondering, how can such a small blade cut thick boards of wood. But thanks to the reliable construction of the band and wheels that provide enough power to make intricate cuts. The working of a bandsaw is very much similar to a scroll saw, but the bandsaw is more powerful. The blade is capable of making sharp cuts on the piece of wood. Also, you can use the tool for quick cuts on more than one board of wood at a time. This saves time and ensures cutting accuracy.
Best 9″ Benchtop Bandsaw
Okay, enough about working and the advantages of buying a benchtop bench saw. It is time to know top-selling models and which new brands are worth investing in. A wood bandsaw is quite an investment and we want to make sure your hard-earned money does no go in vain. So our team checked out and studied several models before listing down the best 9-inch benchtop bandsaws.
1) WEN 3939T 2.8-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw
There’s no compromise when it comes to power and this Wen 9-inch benchtop band saw has proved it. Better cuts and sharp curves are better cut when the motor provides sufficient power. And thanks to the powerful 2.8-amp motor of Wen 3939T that rotates the blade up to 2460 feet per minute. Such power cuts the wood smooth, leaving fewer burrs.
Wen 3939T is a perfect example of power and performance. It accepts 62 inches of blade anywhere from 1/8-inch to 3/8-inch. Therefore, install the right blade and you can do both, straight powerful cut or smooth intricate cutting. Besides, the flat tabletop offers plenty of space to keep large boards of wood. Measuring 12×12 inches, the spacious tabletop tilts up to 45 degrees for bevel cuts.
Other features include a dust port, a fence, and a miter gauge. The upper housing includes a small window to reveal blade tension. This gauge helps to identify whether the set blade has correct tension or not. And this is what helps to cut a vast array of materials smoothly. In addition to wood, you can also cut metal using this Wen bandsaw. Just make sure to fix the right metal cutting blade before you cut soft metal pipes, sheets, etc.
- Safe adjustable blade guard
- The 9-inch band saw creates deep and wide cuts on the wooden boards
- ETL listed
- Small window on the upper housing to reveal blade tension gauge
- Quick, safe, and toolless changing of blades
- The package includes a carrying handle, a miter gauge, an onboard dust port, and a fence for making straight cuts
- Best rated budget benchtop bandsaw for woodworking
- The motor bogs down while cutting thick hardwoods
- 2.8-amp motor
- 1/3 HP
- 12×12-in worktable
- Max 2460 RPM
- Lockout power switch
- No-tool blade change
- Weighs 46.7 pounds
- 2-year limited warranty
2) Grizzly Industrial G0803Z – 9″ Benchtop Bandsaw with Laser Guide
While it’s easy for a home bandsaw to cut through MDF, particle wood, and other softwoods, it takes extra power to cut green and thick hardwoods. And if you’re a professional whose job demand to cut or resaw a variety of softwood and thick lumber then here’s a perfect product for you. The Grizzly industrial 9-inch benchtop bandsaw with laser guide offers unmatched power to rip through thick wood boards in one go.
All thanks to Grizzly’s efficient 1/3-HP motor and a heavy-duty construction that eases cutting of a vast variety of materials. This sturdy, well-built machine features a 62-inch blade and accepts blades up to 3/8-inch wide. Using the right blade can cut pieces/boards up to 3.5-inch high.
To further ease your job, the Grizzly professional bandsaw features a laser sight and adjustable led light. While the new laser guidance system throws a bright beam of a red line on the wooden surface, the adjustable work light illuminates the entire worktop area for better cutting in low light conditions. Also, there’s an adjustable blower on the side to blow off debris and wood chipping in between cuts. All these features ensure smooth and accurate cutting.
- Sturdy cast aluminum table
- Upper and lower ball bearings
- A quick-release blade tension lever
- Features a lower wheel brush to prevent the build-up of dust and debris
- Both fence and laser sight are adjustable for accurate cuts
- U.S. based customer service and technical support
- Best heavy-duty 9″ benchtop bandsaw for resawing
- Miter gauge and fence quality could be better
- 1/3 HP motor
- 3-5/8″ resaw capacity
- 12″x12″ table size
- 2460 FPM blade speed
- Adjustable blower
- Laser guide
- Weighs 42 pounds
- 1-year warranty
3) SKIL 3386-01 120-Volt 9-Inch Band Saw with Light
Did you picked up woodworking as your new hobby and seek a budget-friendly yet reliable machine? Then go for Skil 120V 9-inch electric bandsaw with LED light. This cost-effective power tool is ideal for beginners, DIYers, and hobbyists. Featuring a 1-speed motor, the machine is excellent for cutting both, wood and metal-based materials. Of course, by using the right set of blades.
The 9-inch wood bandsaw is excellent for intricate cuts and ripping lumber into thinner pieces. Plus, the machine features a rip fence for straight and accurate cuts. To guide you with proper cutting, the Skil hobby benchtop band saw features an articulating work light. This LED light illuminates the workspace well for a better view of the cut line. Ultimately, it becomes easy for you to guide the piece of wood towards the blade for better straight and intricate cuts.
Not all projects demand straight cutting of lumber. So Skil 9″ portable wood bandsaw featuring tilting worktable. Its rack and pinion table adjustments help for quick angle and height adjustments. This allows for better bevel cutting of lumber, angle cutting of plastic PVC pipes, and much more.
- Make quick angle and height changes with the rack and pinion adjustable table
- Features a rip fence for making straight cuts while miter gauge is helpful for cross-cuts
- Attach the vacuum hose to the dust port to minimize dust and debris
- Articulating LED light illuminates the work area better for better ripping of the material
- You can extend the warranty to 3 years with a registration
- EZ-view blade tracking for proper alignment of the blade
- Best inexpensive 9-inch bandsaw with light
- Blade guide adjustments are not very smooth
- Issues of blade drift
- 2.5-amp motor
- 2800 no-load speed
- LED work light
- 6-tip blade
- 12×11-3/4-inch table
- Weighs 16.51 pounds
- 1-year limited warranty
4) POWERTEC BS900 9 Inch Benchtop Bandsaw
Different projects demand different cutting depths. And if you take your woodworking job seriously then you understand the importance of setting the right cutting depth. So we’ve picked the Powertec 9-in benchtop bandsaw that features a patented blade guard system. This guard system allows for quick and safe adjustment of cutting depth. As a result, you can either cut a single thick block or multiple thin sheets of wood at a time with the desired accuracy.
In addition to 9-inch wide cutting, the Powertec intricate band saw offers smooth bevel cuts. Quick table adjustments are possible with the rack and pinion system. You can easily adjust the table to 45 degrees which is a common cutting angle for many projects. Also, connect a reliable shop vac to minimize dust and debris around the work area. The unit features a 2-inch dust port that easily connects to a standard shop vac.
- High-precision crosscut and angled cutting
- Easy-view window allows for quick track and aligns the blade
- Patented quick-release blade tension lever for quick blade changes
- Patented blade guard for quick and safe cutting depth adjustments
- Sturdy aluminum die-cast table construction
- ETL listed
- Toolless blade change
- Best quality benchtop wood band saw for the money
- This small bandsaw is not ideal for cutting big pieces of wood
- Lacks laser light
- 2.5 Amp
- 1/2-HP motor
- 11.75 x 11.75-inch work table
- 2-inch dust port
- Lockout power switch
- Weighs 44 pounds
- Limited 1-year warranty
5) WEN 3959 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Benchtop Band Saw
If we’re talking about a list of good benchtop band saw without mentioning Wen then that list is surely incomplete. Wen machines are made of high-quality materials that last longer and user-friendly features that ease woodworking. And this model from Wen is a perfect pick for people with a tight budget. If you’re new to woodworking or seeking a budget bandsaw for a part-time hobby then go for Wen 3959.
Do not let the low-budget wood cutting tool think of it any less as it has several great features. First of all, it has a spacious work table measuring 12-1/4″ x 11-7/8″ that provides enough room to rip large wooden boards. In addition to a large table, the 9″ benchtop band saw offers an impressive cutting depth of 3-1/2 inches. Therefore, making it ideal for cutting thick boards and hardwood.
It is obvious to expect durability no matter whether it is a cheap bandsaw or an expensive one. And thanks to the ball-bearing system of Wen 3959 that provides a smooth blade operation. And smooth the blade works, longer will be the life of the motor as it will not damage due to friction.
- Bonus features include a 1/4-inch blade, dust port, rip fence, and a miter gauge
- Accepts 59-1/2-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- The spacious work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Quick and safe toolless blade change
- CSA listed
- Aluminum tabletop construction
- Best rated Wen 9-inch vertical band saw for beginners
- Centering saw blade on the lower wheel is kind of tricky
- Not suggested for commercial use
- 2.5-amp motor
- 1/3 HP
- 1720 max RPM
- 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 inch work table
- 2-1/2 inch dust collection port
- 3.5″ cutting depth
- Weighs 40 pounds
- 2-year warranty
6) Ryobi BS904G 9″ BANDSAW Green
Beautiful and powerful. Ryobi 9″ bandsaw is perfect for your small woodworking shop. Equipped with a powerful 2.5 A induction motor, the machine delivers enough power to tackle a variety of woodworking applications. Be it straight cutting of lumber or intricate cutting of a thin wooden sheet, this small machine can handle it all.
All aluminum wheels and ball-bearing support ensure smooth cutting. Also, high-quality construction and a well-balanced design of ball bearing are engineered to last for years. If you still don’t believe the quality of Ryobi then check out the warranty it offers. While many brands provide 1 or 2 years of warranty, this Ryobi 9″ band saw is backed by a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Just like many leading brands, Ryobi also offers user-friendly features. These include a saw table, miter gauge, and hex keys. Other features include a blade-tracking sight window to set a better blade position. This results in better cutting accuracy. Besides, a built-in dust collection port keeps the debris minimal as well as also reduces vibrations.
- ABS construction accounts for the lightweight of the product
- Vertical band saw offers a 3.5-inch cutting width
- Beautiful green exterior
- No-tool blade change
- Quick-release tension
- Reliable rapid set blade tensioning system
- The package comes with 2 hex keys(1 mm & 4 mm), a washer, table lock lever, and an operator’s manual
- Best vertical benchtop band saw for small wood workshop
- Lacks led light
- Great starter saw for small projects but not good for commercial or long continuous usage
- 2.5-Amp indicator motor
- 2-1/2 HP
- 9-inch throat capacity
- 3000 RPM(Max)
- 14.75 x 11.75-inch worktable
- 3.5-inch cutting capacity width
- Weighs 37.3 pounds
- 3-year limited warranty
7) Woodskil 3A 9-Inch Band Saw, Benchtop with Fence and Miter Gauge
The rigid yet flexible saw of Woodskil 9-inch band saw with a fence and miter gauge is ideal for DIYers, hobbyists, and professionals. Equipped with a powerful 3A motor, it delivers an impressive 1720 RPM motor speed with 2500 FPM blade speed. Such a powerful combination of motor and blade cuts through a wide variety of wood and metals. Thus, you can say it is a good wood and metal band saw.
The machine accepts a blade size of 59-1/2 inches that supports blade width in between 1/8 to 3/8 inch. Plus, with a maximum cutting depth of 3-1/2 inches and a width of 9 inches, you can cut thick lumbers, a bunch of thin wooden sheets, etc.
Vibrations and sound are common with cheap saws. But you do need to worry about the same with the Woodskil benchtop wood band saw. A sturdy steel base and cast aluminum table add to the weight of the unit and prevents wobbling of the blade as well as reduces vibrations. Besides, the unit features a double safety switch. Remove the safety lock when the machine is not in use to ensure user safety.
- Powerful and low-noise induction motor
- Anti-shake steel base with sturdy die-cast aluminum work table
- 0°-45° bevel capacity
- Fence guide for straight cuts, plus, 120° miter gauge for cross cuts
- Features a double safety switch lock
- A powerful machine can cut different types of wood and soft metals accurately and quickly
- Best quality benchtop band saw for resawing and woodworking
- Heavy; not ideal for portable use
- 3A induction motor
- 1720 RPM
- 2500 FPM
- 2.5-inch dust port
- Removable safety key
- Weighs 40 pounds
- 2-year warranty
What do you use a bandsaw for?
A bandsaw is great for cutting irregular shapes. Cutting a circle, square, rectangle, etc is possible with a good quality bandsaw. Another common use of a band saw is for resawing wood. Here, you cut a thick board of wood into thinner slabs. It is most popular for custom woodworking projects where you need to cut a log of wood into an irregular shape.
In addition to smooth intricate cuts, using a bandsaw also increases productivity. Also, you can cut multiple thin sheets of wood at a time with a good quality 9-inch bandsaw. Not only does it save time but also maintains accuracy.
What size blade does a 9-inch bandsaw take?
A 9-inch blade saw that features a 62-inch blade accepts blade up to 3/8 inches wide. Then certain models accept 5-1/2-inch blade and support blade size anywhere from 1/8″ to 3/8″. Generally, a 9″ wood bandsaw offers up to a 3/8-inch blade which is ideal for both domestic and professional use.
How much is a bandsaw blade?
The cost of a bandsaw blade is very nominal. A good quality blade costs around $10-$25. And the best part is, even though inexpensive, these blades last for a long time. You can expect a bandsaw blade to last for up to 1 year. The longevity of the blade also depends on its quality and how often do you use the machine. In short, the cost of a band saw blade will not burn a hole in your pocket.
How thick of wood can a bandsaw cut?
The cutting thickness of a wood bandsaw depends on its blade size. But generally, they offer a limited cutting depth. This is because a band saw focuses on width rather than height. However, a small band saw slices through lumber up to 4 inches thick while large saws can handle 6-inch cuts.
You might also like:
Woodworking is an art and the best benchtop bandsaw is what helps you to perform the art smoothly. Not only for cutting wooden boards in curves or circles but a good quality wood bandsaw is best for intricate cuts. And now that you have got a list of the best 9-inch bandsaws, it will become easy for you to pick the right unit for your backyard workshop or job site use. Do let us know which model you’re thinking of buying in the comment section below. Also, let us know if there is any other good model out there that you’re currently using and we should include it in the list.